North Shore Shark Adventure
Come face-to-face with sharks 3 miles (4.8 km) off the shore of Oahu. With a snorkel and mask, dive into the Pacific Ocean to view these incredible creatures of the deep in their natural environment from the comfort and safety of a custom-built cage.
After a safety briefing, depart from the Haleiwa Boat Harbor and head out to sea. Take in the North Shore vistas on this gentle ride in a custom-made boat with covered, cushioned seating. Once at the shark viewing area, the cage is placed in the water. It floats at the surface, and when you enter the water you can choose to float or dive a few feet down while still in the safety of the cage.
With visibility that can reach 150 feet (45 m) or more, you can see the sharks come up from the cobalt-blue depths of the ocean. Watch as sharks ranging from 5–15 feet (1.5–4.5 m) in length circle only inches away from the cage. Viewing the sharks in their natural environment is a true wonder. Expect to see Galapagos sharks, sandbar sharks, all with unique traits that your guide shares through informative narration. Other marine life can possibly be seen such as: Spinner Dolphins, Barracuda, Mackerel, Tuna, Flying Fish and Humpback Whales (January-March).
- Close encounter with sharks in their natural environment.
- Up-close views from the safety of an underwater cage
- Comfortable travel in a custom-made boat on the North Shore
- Shark species primarily Galapagos and Sandbar sharks
- Encounters with impressive sharks up to 15 feet (4.5 m) long
- Guided outing to swim with sharks on the North Shore
- Mask and snorkel
- Bottled water
- Live tour commentary provided in English
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are not allowed.
- You do not need to know how to swim. The cage has handlebars to hold onto.
- If transportation is selected, pickup is 60–90 hours prior to your selected tour time from select Waikiki hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.