** The wildfires on Maui have resulted in numerous business closures, activity cancellations, and schedule changes. For updated availability information please call 1-888-667-7777.
Hana and Beyond
Pickup: 6:00 – 6:45am
End Time: 4:00 – 4:30pm
Cruise through historic Paia town and learn about life in old Hawaii. As we take you on a journey to our hometown on the far eastern slopes of Haleakala where the ride, the thrill, and the beauty never ends. Enjoy scenic ocean views and rugged coastlines as we traverse one of the top 5 most beautiful drives in the world. Along the way we’ll discover “the best banana bread on Maui” in a little community, built upon an ancient lava flow, where ancient Hawaiian farming practices and cultural traditions still exist. Take a dip into a fresh waterfall pool along the Hana highway at Pua’aka’a state park. Learn about the historic value of this picturesque highway.
Discover lava tubes and a guest favorite, black sand beach, and enjoy lunch at Wai napanapa state park, where swimming is also available. Tour through the quaint town of Hana and learn of its foundation and history as we start our journey Beyond Hana. See the rainforest dissipate as we journey along the south side of Haleakala where the windswept slopes are visible due to lack of vegetation. Travel along a one-lane, seemingly kua’aina (backcountry) road and discover why rental cars aren’t allowed on this section of “highway”. Stop for scenic views of the Grand Canyon of Hana and journey down from the upcountry slopes of Haleakala.
- Explore Hana with Hana locals
- Amazing photo opportunities around every turn
- Guides sharing Hawaiian history and culture
- Freshwater pools and black sand beach
- Lush flora and fauna
- Local driver guide
- Morning coffee pit stop
- Lunch-local style turkey, ham or veggie wraps. Locally sourced fruits and veggies. Local potato chips and island treats
- Water and soft drinks
- Transportation to and from hotel
- Breakfast (we do make a stop for those that would like to purchase coffee and breakfast)
Know Before You Book
- Recommended to bring: sunglasses, swim clothing, water shoes, towel, light sweater, hat, sunscreen, bug spray, cameras
- Vans carry 9 to 14 passengers
- Tour stops vary depending on weather conditions
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
If you are prone to motion sickness, please take necessary precautions. Consult a medical professional before taking any medication.