** The wildfires on Maui have resulted in numerous business closures, activity cancellations, and schedule changes. For updated availability information please call 1-888-667-7777.
Waterfall & Rainforest Hike
Time: 9:30am – 2:30pm (hotel transfers add time to tour); 11:00am – 4:00pm tour times available seasonally.
Hike beneath the shade of towering, tropical trees and take refreshing swims under an assortment of tall, cascading waterfalls. Discover the tropical rainforest along the famous Hana Highway during this moderate hike.
Your adventure begins with a comfortable drive along Maui’s coastline. When you reach the trailhead, trek 2.5 miles (4 km) into the forest and see the ferns, bamboo, and tropical trees that grow in abundance. While your expert guide shares unique details about the abundant flora and fauna, sample seasonal fruits and flowers found along the way.
As you approach the waterfalls, you hear cascading water splashing into a pool. Feel the mist on your face as you stand in front of the first waterfall. Continue down the path to 4 more waterfalls (if conditions allow) that range in height from 10 to 40 feet (3–12 m). Swim in the clear water below the falls if you like, and if you’re more adventurous, leap off a cliff into one of the pools. Enjoy a picnic-style lunch by one of the pools, surrounded by tropical beauty.
- Swimming under waterfalls
- Rainforest hike with samples of seasonal fruits
- Cliff jumping into waterfall pools
- An eco-friendly adventure
- Lunch in tropical, serene surroundings
- Guided tour of Maui rainforest
- Enjoy snacks and a nutritious lunch
- Sandwich choices are turkey, ham, vegetarian burger, or peanut butter & jelly.
- Call for special dietary needs (i.e., gluten-free).
- Transportation to/from check-in location and hotel
Know Before you Book
- Minimum age is 6
- This is an easy to moderate difficulty level hike.
- You must be able to walk 2.5 miles (4 km).
- Maximum number of hikers per tour is 12.