Kauai Movie Adventure
Tuesday and Sunday
Approx 7:00 AM to 2:45 PM
Lively tour narration by delightful, knowledgeable driver guide.
Discover why Kauai’s natural splendor is the scenic backdrop for so many blockbuster movies and TV shows. Travel through the heart of the Garden Island, engulfed by vast rainforests and mountainous valleys to arrive at the most famous filming locales.
Stroll down iconic Hanalei Pier surrounded by miles of ocean and clear skies, behold a 150-foot waterfall, and get a birds-eye view of the tranquil Wailua river.
View clips from the comfort of your mini coach at each location and lunch is included at local hot spot, Tahiti Nui, where the movie “The Descendants” was filmed. Locate King Kong’s profile sequestered among the mountains that boast the wettest spot-on earth.
- Ahukini Landing – a pier at the mouth of Hanamaulu Stream where it meets the Pacific Ocean. A popular fishing spot, Pagan Love Song and Donovan’s Reef were filmed here.
- Lydgate Beach – adjacent to the Wailua River, enclosed from the ocean by two rock ponds. Elvis filmed Blue Hawaii as it offers a picturesque backdrop.
- Opaekaa Falls – a beautiful waterfall that cascades into a hidden pool below, Opaekaa Falls is 151-feet tall and 40 feet wide. Featured in the Wackiest Ship in the Army and Blue Hawaii.
- Kilauea Point Lighthouse Overlook – at the Northern most tip of Kauai, the Kilauea Lighthouse is famously seen in Lilo and Stitch and serves as a beacon for ships in the 1970s.
- Drive through Kapa’a Town – a quaint town north of Wailua on the east-side of Kauai where the famous dinosaur egg-change took place in Jurassic Park.
- Lunch on Own
- Hanalei & Hanalei Pier -A charming town rich in history, surrounded by taro patches and art galleries, Hanalei suffered widespread and catastrophic flooding in April 2018. The flood waters eroded the land around the famous Hanalei pier but it has been repaired as of late and is beautiful as ever.