Intro to Paddling
Availability: Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
*wind must be less than 20mph for this activity to run
Duration: 60 mins
Have you ever wanted to learn to stand-up paddle board? This class is designed for beginners who are interested in learning the proper technique for stand-up paddling (SUP) in one of the most beautiful locations to try out this unique water sport.
We will spend time discussing important safety considerations to ensure a fun, safe experience for everyone.
We will also teach you an efficient forward stroke, as well as how to stop and turn the board, so you can get wherever you want to go with ease.
Mornings are an ideal time to paddle because the winds are generally light, and it’s the best time to spot turtles as we paddle along! You may even want to pair this class with a SUP yoga class at 9 a.m. to get the full Hawaiian experience!
- All necessary equipment
Know Before You Go:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class to check in.
- We will meet behind the lifeguard tower 1E at Magic Island.
- Look for the blue SUP boards in the grass or the big white Yoga Floats van.
- Please use Google Maps and search for “Yoga Floats” to find our exact meeting point.
- Ages 12 and older
- Participants weighing 220lbs and less will experience the most success.