E-foil Experience – Semi Private Lessons
Daily Between 8am and 5pm
1.5 -2 hours depending of experience/lesson chosen
An eFoil or Electric Hydrofoil, is a battery powered surfboard with a remote-controlled motor for thrust and a hydrofoil for lift. This dream machine allows you to fly over water just like the hoverboard from Back to The Future! With eFoil Waikiki you will experience a fun, safe, and professional eFoil experience. Our step-by-step progressive lesson plan is designed for students of all skill levels and ages 13 and up. 100% of our clients have had success and have managed to knee Surf and stand during their first lesson! Most students are confidently eFoiling after 30-60 min of lessons. Efoil lessons are a great family activity and are suitable for the majority of people 13year old and up.
Our learner focused Efoil boards are stable and simple to operate even with no previous board sports experience. No surf experience is needed but having board sports balance will help you progress faster from eSurfing to eFoiling.
For Experienced eFoilers, we offer higher performance eFoils and tours to interesting locations and supervised rental where we run the eFoil lessons. We run group lessons, individual lessons and customizable lessons with different water time lengths, please talk with the concierge desk to determine which is most suitable for you!
E-foil lessons begins with a thorough land training and safety class. We complete basic land-based tuition around control of the Efoil board, correct positioning, and stance along with techniques for balance control. Safety and boating guild lines are covered and CGA approved life vests and radio helmets are fitted.
Water lesson begins with you starting off doing a belly ride out into the water and practicing using the remote and turning the e-foil and doing some emergency stops. During the water session we first explain and practice maneuvering on the Efoil in lying position, then knee riding, and moving to standing with the correct foot positions and stance. Once we have this nailed down, we move to speed control, and you begin to do you first touch and go foils. Further instruction is provided on techniques, and time allocated to rest between progressions. Some students in their first day will begin long sustained foil rides! Others will get those long-extended foil rides on their second day of lessons. It’s most important to learn at your own speed and skill level. Have fun and be safe.
After you have mastered the e-foil your ready to begin your training in all the other great foiling activities. We are happy to guide you in the right direction for gear purchase and further instruction and finding the best 3rd party coach for your surf foiling, hand wing foiling.
- Learn an exciting new sport safety and quickly with expert tuition.
- Great conditions for eFoiling- butter smooth clear clean water.
- Unique activity suitable for ages 13+, families, and any level of fitness and ability.
- Easier than surfing, and more fun!
- Individual lessons provide private tuition, and your own Efoil board
- In group lesson you share an instructor and eFoil, max 2 customers/per instructor/eFoil
- Drinks and light snacks at the beach location
- Wetsuit tops are available for a small fee if you get cold easily.
- A photo package is available for an additional fee.
Know before you book:
- Suitable for ages 13+
- Max weight of 275lB (Guests from 220-275lb pay additional fee due too extra battery use/and wear on equipment)
- Be comfortable swimming short distances, a small level of fitness required.