Botanical Garden Walking and Chocolate Tasting Tour
Time: 9:30am (check-in 30 minutes prior)
Duration: 3 Hours
Explore our Kauai botanical gardens and sample organic chocolate – Our three-hour walking tour covers every corner of Princeville Botanical Gardens. Your friendly guide will share stories of the gardens’ development and a wealth of fascinating information about the plants. Samples of seasonal fruit samples and homemade honey will keep your energy up as you explore our lush valleys.
This tour also includes a half-hour chocolate tasting during which you’ll learn about the cacao tree and the history of chocolate making while sampling delicious gourmet chocolates from around the world. Due to the length, we do not recommend the Kauai chocolate tour for children under six years old.
WHAT TO BRING
– Light, long-sleeve shirts and pants or a sarong.
– Good walking shoes
– Sun hat
– Umbrella or Rain Gear (we have some on hand)
– Mosquito repellant (we have if you don’t)
– Water bottle (we have water to fill it)
– Camera if you wish
– Tours are RAIN or SHINE.
– A very basic level of fitness is required. While our tours proceed at a leisurely pace and the total distance isn’t more than a mile, the terrain includes grass, earth and gravel pathways and a few steep inclines.
– Due to the terrain, we regret we cannot accommodate wheelchairs/walkers.
– Tours start on time.
– Our gates open 45 minutes before tour time.
– Parking is inside the property, just follow the signs. NO parking out on Ahonui Rd.
– In wet weather you can expect to get your shoes a little muddy. Come prepared for a “walk in the woods.”