Kona Undersea Submarine Adventure
Discover our world beneath the waves with Atlantis Submarines Kona! Our battery-powered submarines are the world’s most technologically advanced passenger submarines.
A special added bonus of this tour experience is also seeing the spectacular Kona coastline while riding our shuttle boat to our submarine dive site. Dive 100 feet below the surface and experience Kona’s marine mysteries, highlighted by a magnificent and pristine 25-acre natural coral reef garden created by an ancient lava flow. The Kona dive site is frequented by an array of fascinating marine life such as, barracuda, yellow tang, eel, and parrotfish. See also firsthand how sunken ships have combined with Mother Nature to create artificial reefs – self-sustaining habitats that attract and feed marine life off the shores of Kona.
Our comfortable, air-conditioned submarine interior offers large viewing portals that allow you to relax and enjoy the wonders of the deep. All guests must be able to safely navigate a nearly vertical 12-step ladder in and out of the submarine without assistance and children have to be at least 36-inches tall, per Coast Guard regulations. Don’t miss out on one of the most insightful eco-adventures on the island of Hawaii!
- Submarine tour in the tropical waters off the Kona coast
- Eco-friendly adventure in a fully submersible sea vessel
- Large viewing ports to see coral reefs & vibrant marine life
- Chance to explore 25 acres (10 ha) of natural coral reef
- Knowledgeable tour guide narrates & answers questions
- 45-minute guided submarine ride
- Shuttle boat ride to submarine
- Pre-recorded commentary available in Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, or Spanish
- Commentary in English
- Parking Fee
- 60 Minutes
Know Before You Book
- You must be 3 or older.
- You must be at least 3 feet (1 m) tall.
- You must be able to independently navigate a nearly vertical 10-step ladder into and out of the submarine.
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.